22 July 2010

Swim Meet: Boar's Head


This was another unscored meet because Boar's Head is in the first division, and we are in the second. I don't know why they had to put our last "normal" meet as just a "practice" meet, though.

Because it kept on thundering, we skipped the relays and didn't do any freestyle except the 8 & unders'.

My events: 18, 28, 58, 68

Vivi's: 16 (medley relay), 26 (freestyle), 46 (backstroke...ugh!), 56 (breaststroke).

This time I actually decided to put my other sisters' events also.

Annette: 46, 36

Josie: 22, 42, 52

And for the pictures (I got a lot this time, but here are just a few):

Vivi and I always go before to set up, and this is how it looked before everyone else came.


And this is how it looked after.


But then it thundered, so we put down the seats in the car and squished in. (This was our friends' car)


I think with everything going on in the meet, hardly anybody noticed the sunset except one girl who pointed it out to me and told me to take a picture of it.


Annette dives in lane 5.


Josie waiting for an event.



And she dives in lane 2.


I was you-know-who's "personal photographer".


A little green ghost


One of our coaches and a 6 & under.


I got this picture of Micah when he was waiting for 47. I think it's kind of creepy...

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love watching y'all swim. I haven't swam in 2 1/2 years. Bummer.

Marina said...

You SHOULD. It's so wonderful!

Rebecca said...

hehe. I want to. But my mom is SO worried with all the little ones, and it's hard. Ya know?

Marina said...

I know what?

Rebecca said...

"Ya know" was just my way of saying, "Ya understand?" I mean, do all your little ones know how to swim? :) That's what we worry about around pools is one sneaking out of sight or something.

Marina said...

All except my brother, and he likes the pool already!

Adelyn said...

Hehe. Michah does look a bit creepy. (sorry Michah) :P Yeah, hopefully I'll get back into swimming this winter! Yay!

Marina said...

Well, he didn't know I was going to take a picture of him and turned and looked at me, and I took a picture of him....so...yeah...