09 July 2010

The 4th of July

(Note from Gab: This post has never been posted. Vivi's been waiting for me to put pictures up.):

On the 4th of July I couldn't quite tell you what we were going to do. But now that it's over, I can tell you about our day.

So...on the 4th we went to church first (of course)...and then we went to the pool for like half the day! Gab and I biked about 2 1/2 miles there and 2 1/2 miles back...Also, it was SUPER hot. I don't know the temperature...but know that it was very hot.

That night we went to a park with some friends to watch fireworks. Oh, you gotta see this--I drew in the air with my sparkler to make my name. Here are a few pictures: (Note from Gab: I couldn't get them to order themselves rightly enough to spell her name, so I just put some letters up there: V, I, S)









The fireworks themselves were great also. They took a while, but they were fun. When we got home (at like 10:30) we had to have milkshakes (that was a must) and set off the rockets we had...they probably woke the neighbors...but that's ok. We had great Independence day. How was everyone else's?

(Note from Gab: This picture is of glow sticks being carried around and thrown up in the air by little kids)

(Note from Gab: Some of these fireworks pictures were on a different setting, so it got the motion of the light when it was falling/moving)


4 comments:

Katie said...

I love the letters made by the sparklers. Glad you had a good 4th of July!

Olivia said...

Thanks, Katie.

Rebecca said...

Just saw this post now! One of our 2yo twin girls, Rachel, loves these pics. She keeps wanting to see the "firewowks" when I go on to your other posts. LOL

Marina said...

Haha, I'm glad she likes them!!