06 July 2010

Swim Meet: ACAC


So I said I'd write more about the meet "tomorrow", and I never did...oh, well. Anyway, about the swim meet:

My events: 18 (200m medley relay), 38 (50m butterfly), 58 (50m breaststroke), 68 (100m freestyle)

Vivi's events: 16, 36, 56, 66 (same as me except an age group younger)

I got 3rd in everything except 68, which I got 6th in. :P

And I completely forgot to put the final score up!
*duh-da-da-da*...ACAC: 565, FLST: 502. Ah, well....at one time we were tied, though!

Now for pictures.

We were in a 50m pool, so the 6 & unders and the 7/8s swam just half a lap. We stood in the water to "catch" them.

Mom trying to keep track of all of our events.

It was so hot that we had to put up a beach umbrella (it's the blue and purple up there).

A very patient boy.

Vivi ready to race.

Me - ("take your marks...")

Josie and backstroke.


(look closely to see the tongue sticking out)

Mom and Bug eating the same graham cracker.

A dramatic pose.
And more swimming.
And one more (Annette's dive): (Mom LOVES this one)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Olivia said...

If you look at the last one, Mom says that there's a really good story behind it.

Molly said...

And what would that really good story be?? :) Glad you'all had fun, we're up against them tonight! (well, not technically, the meet's not even being scored b/c they're not in our division..) but anyway, you'all have fun tonight too! Who are you swimming against again..?

Rebecca said...

Hey cool! I love it! So what are your other hobbies along with swimming?
Mine are Writer short novels, reading, baking, running, and taking care of infants/toddlers. (If you call that a hobby! LOL)

-Rebecca (The on from Jo's March's blog)

Marina said...

Yeah, I thought you were that Rebecca!

Uhh...I love to read, write, play piano and flute, cook/bake (especially competitions), sing, take pictures!! and...yeah...

Marina said...

We're against FSBC tonight!! And I THINK we won!! I HOPE we did...

Oh, and about the story, you'd better ask Mom.

Olivia said...

Molly - It's kinda a long story...but Mom says it's not worth repeating anyway. :)
We just swam FSBC (Fry's Spring)and I think we beat them...not sure yet.

Rebecca - Hey!! You visited us! Thanks. :) Anyway...I like writing, I'm a violist, a pianist, a singer, and a chef. (to myself)

Rebecca said...

Neat hobbies! Dummy me just thought that...uh, are you sisters?

Olivia said...

Yes. How did you guess? ;)

Marina said...

Yeah, we know we don't look at all like it, but...you know...