26 October 2010

Fiesta #4 - "Tell Me a Story"

Last fiesta of the month!!! If you haven't joined already, go on over to Scraps From my Workbasket and, well, JOIN!

And for the questions:
{1} It's nearly impossible to pick a favorite book, so what are your top THREE favorite books ? (other than the Bible :D)

That's truly impossible, but I'll say...SH, Inheritance "cycle" (not a trilogy anymore), and...um...Redwall (except I don't really read them ANYMORE), and all the other books I've read and really like! :P

{This is Vivi: I'd have to say that mine would be....the Little Women series (Little Women, Little Men, Jo's Boys--that counts as one...right?), Anne of GG series, and probably Viking Quest series...but I also like the fairy tales retold....I think that we'll be doing some book reviews on them soon...}

{2} Who is your favorite heroine from literature? (if you need to list more than one, that's fine)

HerOINE? Like a GIRL? Oh, great....maybe Arya, High Rhulain, Bree...

{Anne, Bree...I remember wanting red hair because of them}

{3} Who is your favorite hero from literature? (see above note)

If you'd call SH a hero, Eragon, Martin the warrior,

{Laurie, Mikkel (one of my favorites...), and maybe some people from a couple other books...}

{4} Who is your favorite author? (see note above)

Oh, my goodness!! These are IMPOSSIBLE questions!!! Umm....I like Christopher Paolini, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, occasionally Jane Austen (OCCASIONALLY), occasionally LMA (OCCASIONALLY), oh yeah, and Regina Doman is pretty good...

{Uhh...LMA, Regina Doman, and...Jane Austen, and L. M. Montgomery}

{5} What is your favorite type of book to read?

It depends on which book I'm reading!! I like SH because I learn so much and stuff, and I like Eragon because it's so...different...

{I like too many different kinds!!}

{6} If you could be a character from literature for one day, who would you be? Why?

MAYBE Arya from Ellesmera because she's an elf and can do so much!!

{Maybe Anne...but I wouldn't really want to be her for so many different reasons, so maybe Jo March...but then I wouldn't want to be her either for a couple reasons...so I guess I really don't know}

{7} What type of reader would you call yourself? Are you an avid reader, passive reader, or even a non-reader??

If I can get a book that I really love, an AVID READER.

{Definitely Avid...that is, if the book's good}

{8} Do you like reading aloud?

I sometimes have to...to myself.

{Usually not.}

{9} Do you like mystery stories?

OF COURSE!!! I LOVE SH!!!

{Sometimes...}

{10}All of us have read a book at some point or another and disliked the way it ended or who married who, etc. What book(s) bother you like that, and what would you change about them?

In LW, Laurie should NOT marry Amy, and Jo should NOT marry the Bhaer guy. In Rose In Bloom, Phoebe should NOT marry Archie. In An Old-Fashioned Girl, what's-'er-name should NOT marry Sydney.

{Ok..I have some problems with the Little Women books...I agree with Gab that Laurie shouldn't have married Amy, I think that Jo should NOT have married Mr. Bhaer, I think that (In Jo's Boys) Dan should've married Bess...it shouldn't have just ended that they found suitable husbands...that's just weird!}

{11} Just like books, it's *very* hard to pick a favorite movie. What are you top THREE favorite movies?

Star Wars, Cars, The Incredibles, Facing The Giants

{Cars/The Incredibles, Facing The Giants, and....lots more!}

{12} When it comes to movie adaptions of books, are you a purist or do you not mind changes to the storyline?

It depends on for what book. For Anne of Green Gables, I actually like the changes they made!!

{I think I'm a purist....when they changed the Anne of GG movie #3 and they completely ran over the really story, that really bothered me!}

{13} What is your favorite book-to-movie adaption?

Anne of Green Gables probably

{Yeah, I haven't watched that many, but Anne of GG is really good....their Anne is practically perfect!}

{14} What is your favorite type of movie to watch?

Musical or one from Pixar ;)

{Same}

{15} Do you like to watch movies with the lights off or on?

OFF!!!

{DEFINITELY OFF}

{16} DVD or VHS?

DVD

{DVD}

{17} When you watch a movie, would you rather watch it straight through or skip around to your favorite scenes?

Straight through, and then go back to favorite scenes

{SAME!!! I wonder why we're so similar....}

{18} Subtitles?

NO

{NO}

{19} Do you make comments and ask questions during a movie, or sit in complete silence?

Sit in complete silence except for an occasional comment. Josie does the comments and questions. TRUST ME.

{Only if I really don't get something...I must agree and say that Josie does the comments for everyone!}

{20} If you could be in any movie (whether it's already been made or not) which movie would it be? Who would you want to be and why?

In Star Wars so I could experiment with the force!!! I really don't know who I would be, though.

{I don't know...because in the movies I like I wouldn't want to be the main character girl mostly because they end up falling in love with some weird guy and have to...well, you know...so i really don't know.}

4 comments:

Näna said...

Gab,

Somehow I knew SH would make your favorite books:)

Vivi,
Agreed about female characters!!! Why does that always have to happen?

Olivia said...

I know! I think, "I really, really want to be in a movie"...but then I realize that there aren't really that many movies that I could be in!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you most of the time. Except for the main reson that I definently think that Jo should of married Proffesor Bhaer and that Amy should of married Laurie. And Eight cousins I do think that Rose should of married Prince Charlie. I don't think LMA should have killed him


Yours Truly,
~Titty~

Marina said...

:) I love how SH is so....real, I guess. I know SH's escape from death in "The Last Bow" isn't that realistic and stuff, but I like how everything doesn't turn out because of magic...or the force or whatever.

Oh, and yeah, that's why I was like "HerOINE?!" I think every single female character I read about is like that!!!

Titty: I don't think Charlie should have been killed either!! I'm not SURE that they should have been married, though...