20 October 2010

Fiesta #3 - "A Musical Interlude"

{1} What musical instrument(s) do you play?

I play the flute and used to play the piano

{So I (Vivi) get these thingys again...I forget what these
{ are called. Anyway, I play Viola and just recently stopped my piano lessons but can still play that too}

{2} How long have you been playing that instrument(s)?

Umm....maybe 3 1/2 years?? (Piano, for maybe 10 years?)

{Viola: 2 3/4 years, Piano: Since I was 4! (how ever long that is)}

{3} What is your favorite era of music: Baroque, Classical, Romantic or Contemporary?

That really depends on what song it is in which era. ;) Probably Romantic, though.

{To tell you the truth...I don't really know. Probably Classical or Romantic.}

{4} Why? (in reference to the above question)

Baroque and Classical a lot of the time sound really stiff and metronome-y and happy, while Contemporary sometimes is, you know, a bit clangy and stuff...(although Contemporary is probably second)

{I don't really know...I just think that Contemporary sounds weird usually}

{5} Who is your favorite composer? (If you're drawing a blank,
click here for a nice long list to pick from :D)

Hmm....I like Beethoven and Rachmaninoff

{Uhh...I DON'T KNOW!!}

{6} Do you like jazz music? Why or why not?

Sometimes....I think it's really fun to play...

{Sometimes, sometimes not...I think it's more fun to play then to listen to, though}

{7} Are you one of those folks who could play their musical instrument for hours and love every minute of it? (or...just about every minute?)

Umm...well, if I played the flute for hours, then my mouth would start hurting and possibly my back too, and I might have to stop to clean the flute in the middle, so I think I'd prefer NOT to play for hours and hours.

{Unfortunately, no. Plus, I don't really have the time. :) }

{8} Would you rather listen to music or play it?

Depends on which kind! I like listening to music on Spirit FM, and I like playing pieces with long, showy runs. ;)

{Probably listen}

{9} Do you like to perform in front of people, or would you rather not?

Mostly not

{Well, it depends...i really like orchestra concerts, but by myself is different...}

{10} What's one thing you love about your instrument?

the shinyness (in look and sound)

{I like that it can be really high and really low....it's like a wonderful mix between a Cello and a Violin!}

{11} What is your favorite genre of music to listen to?

I like stuff on Spirit FM........

{Whatever plays on Spirit FM pretty much...}

{12} Would you rather listen to an entire CD (or playlist) of just one artist, or a random shuffle list or CD?

A random shuffle list of artists like TobyMac, Stellar Kart, Britt Nicole, etc.

{Definitely random shuffle}

{13} Do you like listening to movie soundtracks?

We rarely do, but I think so...

{Yes, I think so....we've had tons of songs from
My Fair Lady in our heads recently...it gets a little annoying}

{14} Does listening to music while doing schoolwork distract or help you?

Both...does that make sense?

{I really like listening to it...unless it gets distracting...:)}

{15} Radio, CD, or iPod/mp3 player?

iPod touch (or iPhone)!!

{Radio and iPod touch!}

{16} Do your siblings like to listen to the same music you do?

DEFINITELY.

{Oh, yeah...}

{17} Do you like to "sing along" with the songs you know, or would you rather just listen to them?

What's the fun of listening to songs if you can't sing to them?

{DEFINITELY SING...and imitate the 'ohs' and 'yeahs'...and all the weird sounds that the artists make...well, actually not that weird...}

Oh, that's right, Vivi. I forgot to say how we imitate like the sound of the artists voice--like whether it's a waaaaaa voice or a breathy voice or a voice that has lots of emotion...it's really fun.

{18} Do you like to listen to "old music", a.k.a. the music your parents listened to way back in the day? (not that our parents are old or anything....)

No, not exactly...

{Not really}

{19} Do you like rap music? (random question, I know)

Um. I don't know, but I think not.

{Uhh...??}

{20} Ready for Christmas music yet?

Nah.......let's wait until Thanksgiving.

{Well, Christmas music can get pretty tiring....so I think that it'll be fun when we get to it, but it can wear off so quickly that I think we'd better save it)

5 comments:

Molly said...

Yeah, I'm not ready for Xmas music either...:) Why did you stop playing the piano?
Love,
~Molly~

Näna said...

Haha! Yeah, you should hear Pa imitate singers voices...it get's pretty hilarious:)

Marina said...

Molly: We stopped piano because mostly of all the schoolwork we now have. :P I'm glad I did, though, because it would make life stressful if I had to practice both instruments every day. ;)

Nana: Wow! I bet that MUST be INTERESTING!!!

Madeleine said...

I am having a hard time squeezing in Violin, Piano and Schoolwork..but if I had to stop something, I would pick Violin!!!!

Katie said...

Ah... music. I love music. :)