10 October 2010

Fiesta #2 - Busy Fingers

If you haven't already.............check out Jo's fiestas!!

Here are the questions:
{1} What is your favorite hobby or craft to do?

Swimming

{Ya know...do I really have to pick a favorite? I'll just say...cooking, for some variety.}

{2} What's the biggest/most difficult project you've ever tackled?

That's hard...it depends on what you define "project" as. The dictionary on my computer defines it as "an individual or collaborative enterprise that is carefully planned and designed to achieve a particular aim". If that's it, this wouldn't be one of the biggest or really most difficult I guess, but what I'm thinking is maybe when Vivi and I and two other sisters (twins) had to clean off the gators mats with all the stinkbugs on them, and the stinkbugs kept crawling back onto the mats, and there were dead ones burrowed into it, and when you got the ones of the top one, they'd all crawl down to the next one, so by the end there were TONS on the bottom one...I KNOW that was run-on, but a run-on best expresses my feelings about that "project".

{Ooh...I really don't know...I don't think. One of the really, really hard things (I don't know if it would be called a project) I've done is doing a 200 butterfly with out walking on the bottom or doing one-arms....those are a couple of the really hard ones}

{3} What project of yours are you the most proud of?

Oh...I don't know...but the ones we do every week in engineering are really, really fun!!!!!!!!!!

{Probably the Duct Tape dress I made one year for a costume}

{4} Someone gives you a $20 JoAnn Fabrics giftcard. The first thing that comes to mind to spend it on is...

Maybe beads or something else to make jewelry-type-stuff

{Probably just fabric that's pretty....or something for a gift}

{5} Can you do a project and watch a movie at the same time?

Yes, sometimes, if the movie's not my absolute favorite.

{Depends on what. I know I can fold laundry while....I've had a lot of experience with that}

Oh, yes, Vivi. That too. Laundry folding while watching a movie/tv is very common at our house.

{6} When you are hand sewing, do you bite off your thread when you're done, or snip it with scissors or just break it with your fingers?

Scissors

{Scissors...unless they're not around. Then I try desperately to break or bite it off, but usually end up having to find scissors anyway}

{7} Does anyone in your family collect things (like tea cups, stamps, bottle caps, etc.)?

Umm...no.

{Not really}

{8} What are your favorite color combinations that you use in your crafts?

I like brown and pink/blue I think.

{Me too...or brown with something else}

But I also like black...

{9} Does decorating a Mr. or Mrs. Potato Head sound interesting to you?

No, I think I would prefer to spend my time doing something else.

{Maybe, maybe not. It depends on how interesting the costume things are and if I have anything better to do}

{10} The manager at your theater needs help in the making of the costumes and/or set decoration and set up for the next production. You volunteer to do....what?

Set decoration/set up. Sewing would take too long, and I'm way too impatient!! I mean, when I have dozens of biology terms to memorize, sewing would just frustrate me and make me more impatient.

{Probably help set up...but I'd rather be in the production itself!}

4 comments:

Madeleine said...

Gab: Dozens of biology terms to memorize is exactly what I am desperately trying to do today! You do Apologia Biology, right??

~Leia~

Marina said...

lol, then you must feel my pain!! ;)

Yes, I do Apologia.

Symbiosis - A close relationship between two or more species where at least one benefits

:)

Näna said...

Hey, Gab and Vivi!

Love the new look you have going here...very fall-ish. Okay, maybe that's stating the obvious but I do like it:)

So, with you Leia and Gab! Just trying to get some biology down today...not that I don't enjoy it, it's just a lot.

Hey, Symbiosis! Just did that last week!

Love,
Nana

Marina said...

Thanks!!

Have a study guide and test today...:P