05 August 2010

JSL Championships - Day 2


Saturday also had two sessions:

Session three - 7/8-yr-olds. (Josie)

Session four - 9/10 girls, 11/12 boys and girls (Vivi [6 (100yd IM), 16 (200yd medley relay), 56 (50yd breaststroke), 76 (200yd freestyle relay -seeded second, got first!)] and Annette)

Dad, Josie, and I got there around 7:00 because she had to swim and I work (I'm an intern coach, so yeah, that's why I had to be there...).


Nice hair, Carter.

lining up for warm-ups.


waiting for one of her events.


look! two pools. One for warm-up and cool-down, one for our meet. And if you slide that "bridge" in the middle down, it makes a 50yd pool!


this is the outside of the AFC.

you can go inside to watch the swimmers...or look in the window.



Vivi at clerk of course (the one with the long legs) ;).


and...spitting watermelon seeds...


Vivi's relay team preparing for their race. (yes, those are the coaches' hats I told you about yesterday.)


They were seeded second, but they got first!

Oh, you gotta see this.
He sees me taking pictures. Look at how he's thinking...

And then...







16 comments:

Rebecca said...

It looks like you're having so much fun, you all. :D

Olivia said...

The last 8 pictures are really nice.....;)

Unknown said...

I love those pics of Micah, he is a riot! That camera looks pretty cool too....

Did you take any pics of Vivi's party?

Madeleine said...

I love all the pictures!

Madeleine said...

I love all the pictures!

Marina said...

I know! And I like how he smiles after.

Olivia said...

I didn't, Jo. I don't know how many pictures we got....cause Gab was busy most of the time. But I know we got some...

Marina said...

Oh, yeah, and I think that camera was Allie's, which is a Nikon D50 just like Dad's, so we were standing there with the exact same camera taking pictures of each other. ;)

Rebecca said...

oh, Vivi, I like your nails. ;)

Olivia said...

Oh, thanks. I painted them "neon" because our Champs theme was neon. The coaches brought nail polish to practice.

Olivia said...

Oh, yeah...and our relay team was supposed to be given those neon caps because we won our relay....but I never got mine. Oh, well...

Rebecca said...

LOl Cool! The only nail polish my mom lets us have is really light colors, but she lets us try some on in the stores. It's so much fun! i WANT TO PAINT MY FINGERS (sorry caps went on) blaze orange when we go hunting this fall. hehe.

Marina said...

Nice, Rebecca. ;)

Rebecca said...

That's your favorite word, ain't it? Nice. ;)

Marina said...

Well, I don't like the word, but sometimes there's not much else to say...

Rebecca said...

Nice, Gab. ;)