04 August 2010

2010 JSL Championships - Day 1

I've decided to do the champs posts in two posts instead of one because I think it will be a lot easier.

JSL stands for Jefferson Swim League, which consists of 16 summer swim teams in three divisions. We are on the FLST swim team and in the second division. Every week for six weeks in the summer, each team competes with one other team (or occasionally two); and at the end of these six weeks, all 16 teams come together for two days at the AFC (Aquatic & Fitness Center)

Each day there are two sessions, and Friday's were the 6 & unders (session one) and the 9-10 boys/13-18 girls and boys (session two). I was in session two, and so I didn't take many pictures because I was swimming; but I did take a few (but don't worry. The ones I show here are definitely not all the ones I took.).


this is where we like to sit every year

, although each team has a tent for if you want to sit there.

swimmers waiting near the clerk of course.

that's our coach in the pink hat. Our theme was neon, so our coaches had pink-spraypainted hats. His says "T", and we have three other hats that say "F", "L", and "S". (get it?)

Micah streamlines while practicing turns.


this is....event 27 diving (don't know what heat)!


In our relay, we were seeded third, which is (for me) a lot of pressure because everyone knows they have to beat you to place or get a medal. When we actually swam, though, we dropped two seconds, beat BHSC (although ACAC beat us), and got third!!

8 comments:

Näna said...

Looks like a fun day....and WOW that's a lot of swimmers! How many were there total?

Molly said...

What was up with ACAC's relays? Surprisingly, they were crushing most other relays!! ??
That was a fun weekend, in fact, I couldn't imagine summer w/out swimming or JSL's. :)
Love,
~Molly~

Olivia said...

I don't know! There's like at least a hundred on each team...sometimes two...and sometimes more then that!

Marina said...

There were 2200 swimmers total. A LOT.

Olivia said...

Was ACAC doing really well?? I forget what place they were in.

Olivia said...

Was ACAC doing really well?? I forget what place they were in.

Näna said...

2200 *jaw drops*

Unknown said...

We liked sitting under the trees too, rather than under the tents.

Ooh, look, FV's relay seeded first! *proud grin* Did they win? *giggle* Not that I care... :) I'm very glad y'all came in third, that's big, considering your competition! I mean, everyone expects FV, BHSC, ACAC or CG to place tops :P

I agree with Molly, I was surprised to see how well ACAC did at Champs! Last I saw, they were in a steady decline :P