03 February 2011

Thursday Afternoon Daybook

Outside my window...

It's sunny...but I think it's cold. We've had some nice sunny weather here, lately, but even the sun won't warm it up.

Mood...

A mixture of excitedness and worriedness...

I'm thinking...

About how we get to go to the March's house on Saturday!

I'm currently reading...

I finished Alex O'Donnell and the 40 Cyber Thieves two nights ago. I want to start A Philadelphia Catholic in King James' Court by Martin De Porres Kennedy if I can tonight. It's a really great Catholic book, so all you Catholics out there should check it out!

I'm listening to...

Ellie (the dog) whining, the washing machine going on, Mom's slippers on the kitchen floor, Annette and Josie talking...probably playing a game or something.

I'm wearing...

Pale pink shirt, jeans (they're new!!), and a brown sweater (it's Gab's. I borrowed it. :)

I'm looking forward to...

Saturday! It's the weekend, I get to sleep in, and we get to go to the March's!

I'm hoping...

That I will get my history reading done this week. Ugh! It's SO much!

Yesterday, I...

Was swamped in school work.

Around the house…

It's kind of messy...and our cousins (VA ones) are coming down to see us on Saturday night because they're giving us some clothes for Bug.

I'm hungry for...

I had lunch, and I recently had half of a muffin that was for breakfast. It was good. Thanks to Josie, Mom, and Annette! (and myself for helping out at the end)

The song stuck inside my head is…

I don't know what it's called...it's a Taylor Swift song, though...

I love…

COFFEE

I loathe...

When there's no shampoo in the bathroom except baby shampoo...:)

From the kitchen…

This is what breakfast was.

School right now…

There's WAY too much on it. I'm doing a research paper on NYC, reading 3 books of the bible (they're the little ones, at least) plus like 11 more chapters plus more for history, I had to memorize a mnemonic verse for logic...and I can't even tell if the words actually mean anything besides a way to see if a syllogism is valid! Anyone recognize this? :

Barbara, celarent, darii, ferioque prioris; cesare, camestres, festino, baroco secundae; Tertia; darapti disamis, datisi, felapton, bocardo, ferison habet; quarta insuper addit; bramantip, camenes, dimaris, fesapo, fresison

ANYONE?

I am thankful for…

Nighttime, that there's such thing as a break from school, that I already started my history reading for this week (my week starts on Wednesdays and I started it yesterday), and that my wonderful God can help me out and won't leave me here to do my history reading alone...

Oh, and one more thing. My dear friend Katie's birthday is today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Katie! I'm also thankful for you. :)

7 comments:

Catie said...

WOAH. :P i remember that mnemonic!!! =O lol.

"Catie"

Emilie said...

I can't wait for the March's house either!

Madeleine said...

Thanks guys....your making me feel great :)!
(I can't wait either!)

Molly said...

ok, to make you feel even greater....:P I CAN'T WAIT EITHER! :D
~Molly~

Emily said...

I had to memorize that- if you put it to music it becomes a lot easier. Actually when I was studying for the Exam I made up a song about every syllogism in there and got an 98 on the Exam. So it helps. :-)

Olivia said...

Cool! Might try that. :) Very unique idea. Yes, it usually helps to sing something...

Katie said...

Aw, thanks, Viv! I'm thankful for you, too!