19 February 2011

Saturday Morning Daybook - Feb. 19

(hosted by Miss Jo March at Scraps From My Workbasket)
Date... 19 February
Starting time... 10:52am
Mood...:P
Outside my window...It's been feeling like spring lately!!
I'm thinking...that I'm drawing the USA for writing. :P
I'm currently reading...My biology textbook! Invertebrates. yay.
I'm listening to...As normal, baby brother sounds...
I'm wearing...jeans, grayish/pinkish shirt
I'm looking forward to...tomorrow
I'm hoping...that I'll do well in my competition today.
Yesterday, I...watched Fireproof.
I'm hungry for...like ice cream or something.
The song stuck inside my head is...Love Story :P
I love...feels-like-spring weather
I loathe...on days that I don't do gators, my breathing patterns are messed up when I play the flute--very bad for competition day.
This week, my goal is...to get something on the history forum posted!
Did I meet last week's goal?...I didn't really do this last week, but I SORT OF met the goal I set last time I did this.
Ending time... 11:45am (you can tell I took lots of "breaks" in between :P )


You probably know by now I have a music competition today. It's actually the same one that my friend Jo March is playing in. I'm playing at 4:15 EST, just before she is, and I'm going to need lots of prayer!!

17 comments:

Trini said...

LOL, I'm on the Invertebrates chapter in my biology book, too...are you doing the Apologia series? I'll pray for you!!! I was going to do piano regionals but my piece was too hard...

Marina said...

yep, apologia (worm dissecting and everything). :P I probably won't next year, though.

Trini said...

Oh, Gab...I'm so (NOT) looking forward to dissecting a worm...I'm doing the online course.

Marina said...

lol, I wasn't either because the pics from the book weren't too pleasing to look at, but I actually really enjoyed it. (maybe I'm weird that way...)

Trini said...

Go figure! We don't have the kit or the worm yet..fine by me!

Marina said...

Good luck! :P

Molly said...

Hey- worms are fun! :D when you dissect them with me..... ;)

Marina said...

Please meet...my lab partner.

(Right, can't wait for the crayfish. :P)

Catie said...

GAB!!! :D how did the competition go?!?! :D :D I forgot to tell you... I made the band audition!! :D the funny thing is- I thought I had done horribly... lol. Apparently the judges thought otherwise! ;)

Thanks!(:
Catie

Marina said...

I think I did pretty well, BUT what makes me REALLY mad is that not a single winds instrument was recognized in the competition! And they refused to give out any awards to 9th-10th grade woodwinds! That's totally unfair because we worked hard! They didn't even announce a winner!!

Marina said...

And great job on your audition! ;) (I hate auditions.....flute is one of the hardest instruments to play under pressure anyway. :P)

Catie said...

WHAT?!?!?!?!?! LOL I AM SO MAD TOO!!! :P that's terrible!!!! Haha we gotta go fight for "woodwinds' rights. ":P lol. That's horrible!! Well good job!! Yeah, I agree, it's hard to play the flute under pressure!! And I hadn't has enough water before my audition... Not good...:P

Good job, again! I'm sure you did great!(:
Catie

Marina said...

Yes, woodwinds need a little more respect!!! We need to lead a rebellion against stringed instruments!

Thanks. ;)

Olivia said...

Don't. You. Dare. Lead a rebellion against violins, but not violas. Violas don't get near the amount of respect they should get...they were made first, but violin is way better known!

Catie said...

hahahahaha. okay so let's have a "woodwinds' and violas' rights movement" :D lol.

Catie

Näna said...

*sigh* I haven't watched Fireproof in way too long a time. Of course, a long time for me to go without watching Fireproof is a week...such a good movie.

Madeleine said...

A rebellion against strings? I'm torn. I love my Clarinet, and I love my Violin! Ack!