19 May 2011

guess what, guys. we're making a wright flyer.


That's right. My Engineering class is making a 1:2 scale model of the Wright Flyer out of cardboard and Makedo supplies (who knows; we might need to raid a recycling place to get enough cardboard).

I am unspeakably excited.

Last week, we had a contest to see who could come up with a small scale model of a larger project (preferably with moving parts) we could make out of cardboard and Makedo supplies. The entries were giant sunglasses, a giant laptop, the Eiffel tower, and the Wright Flyer (yep, that was our team). We made a twenty-minute tiny scale model of it, and (this is awesome) it actually flew! Let's pray our larger model will work out just as well. ;)

(oh, yeah. And when everyone cast their votes, the Wright Flyer won. :D But that was to be expected, right?)


Anyway, we'll take LOTS of pictures especially if (when) we test it in flight. (cross your fingers!)


4 comments:

Molly said...

NICE......:D

Trini said...

Well, Gab, in response to your question on my blog (taping the recital)...I'm afraid I can't. I won't be in the audience and even though they make a DVD, if I haven't met you face to face, I can't send you one; privacy reasons. *Tear* *Sniffle* I'm sorry! :(( I wish I could! If we do meet, though...that'd be another story! :D

Trini said...

I certainly will try and get photos up; I can't say where I am living publicly.

Näna said...

Sweet! Let us know how it comes out!