20 November 2011

birthday miracles

Happy Feast of Christ the King!!!



I will *never* be able to think of my birthday again without thinking also of Christ the King.
Mom says it's a good problem to have.

It was a wonderful day for a sixteenth birthday.
...I cantored at mass
...and my mom took me and my sis to "go get jeans" at Old Navy, where there were *akshully* friends waiting there to go to lunch with us (sometimes I just feel really gullible)
...and my friend offered a mass for me (he gets the prize for 1st-person-to-give-me-a-mass-as-a-birthday-present)
...and *tons* of people wished me a Happy Birthday throughout the day
...and then I went to a rehearsal for our Christmas Eve Midnight Mass and sang my heart out.

I secretly know that part of the wonderfulness of today is because God showered down extra grace since it is the Feast of Christ the King.

But don't tell anyone I said that.

'Cause they'll think of the times I believe that angels light the votive candles in our living room.
Or how I prayed yesterday that God would heal me enough so that I could cantor at mass this morning, and how he DID.
Or how I believe that every time I go up to the altar, God gives me a special grace to be able to sing in front of all those hundreds of people--because normally in a situation like that, I would get so nervous I would start shaking.

Akshully, tell them this: I believe in miracles--*especially* on the Feast of Christ the King.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post makes me so happy. ;-)

Mrs. Coulter

Emily said...

My email is acting weird at the moment, so I will have to say it here-

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God grant you many, many blessed years!

Katie said...

Happy *belated* birthday! May God grant you many more blessed and joyful years!

Emily (again) said...

I don't think I ever told you how much I love your blog background/theme, Gab. It's so pretty! Did you design it yourself?

Marina said...

Haha thank you, Emily! I did design it, but I think I needa change it for Advent and Christmas. I'm workin' on it...